Failed to purchase kitty from HTC Exodus1 CryptoKitty app (lessons to avoid)

First, it says "insufficient balance" without displaying my balance png

So I decide to transfer some ether from my Trezor. I click "Receive Ether" and got this screen. I clicked "Share" and sent it to my computer where Trezor runs. But, only there is only the QR picture, no text Ether address, in the message. I can't transfer to a QR code.

png

So plan B is to scan the QR code with a mobile phone. After the money is sent, the screen just hangs there. I expect this screen to turn into something like "receiving" or "incoming transfer" and it never happened.

png

Having charged 0.117 Ether, 0.1 more than needed, I come back to the purchase window again. Since I repeatedly visited the same kitty picture and there is no client caching, I triggered a firewall rule which prevented the kitty to be rendered.

png

To my surprise the place where "Buy" button should be still have "Insufficient funds". I double-checked the balance:

png

I waited 20 minutes and attempted again, still "Insufficient funds".

In the end, I failed to purchase the kitty.

Exodus1 (HTC) has a native wallet (vault-style, meaning no dapp browser) called Zion which look really fance. It has the look-and-feel of being safe. Unfortunately no screenshot can be taken from that app so I can't show it here.